Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Declaration of Intent

I have over 2000 world music records, but I have only listened to very few of them, having amassed the entire collection very quickly. I started this blog hoping it would help me remember the records. The way I want it to work is, I've made a list of the records I haven't heard yet and I'm breaking it down into into batches of 17 records each (the collection is broken down into 17 regions) and listen to the records in sequence, writing down my impressions and whatever information I find which may be useful.

After a while, since I'm going to use labels, I hope this blog will help me expand my knowledge, navigate my collection with much more ease, and, with luck, I will be able to remember a great deal more about the music.

No comments:

Post a Comment